KARUNA SINGH: Born in a small town called Nepanagar in Madhya pradesh, then moved to Bokaro steel city for schooling & graduated from Jaipur. I was a sports instructor & worked in various institutions for 30 years. In early part of my career, I worked as Yoga instructor in vishwayatan yogashram Katra Jammu, then later served as physical education teacher in Mother’s international school at Delhi. IN 1995, I moved to Baroda & worked at Navrachana international school. Presently I am 60 and enjoying my retirement period.
I was very much active & into running from my school days. I represented my school at Nationals for 400mtr and 800mtr race & secured bronze medal. During college days I have added one more sport swimming to my career and represented Rajasthan state in National aquatic Meet.
Being so active in sports during school and college times and now fully occupied in my family & ignoring the fitness was a mistake. My conscience said – “Karuna 95 kg just not me”. So again I began working on my fitness through my sporting activities at the age of 55. I have pickup cycling during lockdown and soon became addicted to it too. Apart from that, I am also regular at running, swimming & yoga. I have participated in 108 Suryanamaskar events 4 to 5 times. In a year or so, I lost 20 kgs and regained my fitness level. I enjoyed every phase of my life because I know ” Where there is a will, there is a way “.
1. School level National athlete (Bronze medal for 400m/800m race)
2. Gold Medal in swimming at Khel Mahakumbh(state level) & Gold in Porbandar sea swimming
3. NCC “C” certification with paratrooper course from Agra Kheria. Got honour to command
Rajasthan contingent during NCC days.
4. Completed Basic & Advance courses in mountaineering
5. 1st Position in All India 100 days cycling event by covering 7200 km.
6. 1st Position in Triathlon challenge of Vadodara & 2nd in Vadodara Marathon in age category.
7. Cycling + Running of Total distance approx. 20,000 km
The happiness of meeting like-minded people and giving few hours to yourself or loving yourself is the need of an hour.
Divided my weekly schedule Morning and Evening with Running, Cycling, Swimming with Yoga and strength training workouts at gym.
Only follow P.P.D.D.S.
Practice, Punctuality, Discipline, Determination with Self-improvement.
Make each day your “MASTERPIECE”.